Friday

Malaysia Malanga

It was 1 a.m. and after a hectic day at office, I went to sleep. But how can I sleep peacefully before checking the daily updates on my social media profile. I logged in on my phone and looked for any red mark 'notifications'. There were 10 odd updates from friends and some communities but the one which dilated my sleepy eyes was from 'Cyanide and Happiness'. I clicked on it which took me to the page having following comic strip.















I couldn't resist laughing. A day ending at a peaceful note is all what everyone wishes for and if it ends with laughter gags, what more a tired brain needs. I wished I too become Cyanide and command for 'Happiness' wishes. My body demanded rest and I succumbed to its wish. ZZzzzZZZZzzzzzz.

Soon the alarm rang. Yeah!!! it's always 'soon' when alarm buzzes. It was already eight in the clock and I needed to rush to office again. 

"Where is the yellow file, Mummaaaaa??" I cried as I packed up the bag. 
"Which one???? The old torn file???"
"Yesss.. it wasn't old. I got it just a week back from my Boss."
"Ohh!!! I had put it with the old newspapers in the store-room."
"Ahhhhh..." I almost pulled my hair and rushed downstairs.

I ransacked the store-room full of unnecessary unused items. After a thorough sight-search from left to right, I found my file lying in the rightmost nook under an old lamp. I grabbed the lamp to put it aside and pull the file underneath it. But suddenly the room filled up with smoke and before I could clear up my throat to yell for help as I assumed short-circuit has happened, a Genie appeared before me half-hanging in the air. Yes!!! just like Aladdin's first encounter with Genie. I blinked my eyes twice to assure myself. A sweet girl-Genie with her head bowed down said,"My Highness!!!! Where can I toss you high???"

I was astounded to hear her. I stammered,"Aaaare yooou , are you real???"
She laughed and said,"Yes ma'am. I'm as real as you."
"Are you really a Genie who grants three wishes?"
"No Ma'am."
"Then ???."

"I'm Jinnie who grants one major wish along with five sub-wishes."
"Whaaa--aaa--tttttttt? Sub-wish? What is it."
"Ma'am I can grant you one wish and under that wish you can ask me to fulfill five other wishes associated with the one major wish."
"Ohhh!!!! Interesting."
"What can I ask for??"
"I'm a Travel-Jinnie. I can make you visit five places - your sub-wishes,  of one country - your major wish."
"Ahha!!! Yatradoot", I chuckled.

"Hurry up ma'am. My magical power will be relinquished if you don't ask your major wish within next five minutes."
"This early! Hawww. You come with an expiry date of your powers. Strange!!! Ohk, Let me think."
"Hurry up. Offer lasts for ten more seconds."
"Malaysia!", I spurted before the deadline.
"Great!!! A nice place to visit. Now you have thirty more minutes to ask for five sub-wishes."
"You are much like my Boss. Deadlines over deadline."

The Jinnie just shrugged with a smile. 

"Stop smiling. Smiles always kills. Can I google?"
"Yes Ma'am. You can google the doodle of your sub-wishes."

I quickly took out my mobile from the pocket and googled the whole Malaysia. After a careful scrutiny of all the tourist places, I nailed down at five must-see places in Malaysia.

"Okay Jinnie. I have decided my five sub-wishes. Here is the list."

1.Cameron Highlands, Pahang


I need a break from the relentless heat and humidity of my city.I have heard that the cooler temperatures and crisp breezes of Cameron offer an instant energy boost. I want to enjoy cool air, fresh strawberries and fragrant tea in one of Malaysia’s most extensive hill stations and stay in one of the many old English-styled guest houses such as the Ye Olde Smokehouse. 



2. Perhentian Islands


From past some time I'm craving for some sun-drenched rest and relaxation. The jungle-fringed white sand beaches and crystal waters of the Perhentian Islands are the perfect spot. There are two islands—Kecil, which is smaller and has a more backpacker vibe, and Besar, which offers more choice in terms of accommodation and a better standard. I want to hit the beach with a snorkel or dive trip and wile away a few hours in a hammock as the waves crash on the sand.



3. Kek Lok Si Temple


I will also seek God's blessings in Malaysia. So I wish to visit the largest Buddhist temple complex in Southeast Asia, Kek Lok Si Temple which stands on top of a hill. I came to know that its temple complex is filled with beautifully-landscaped gardens and sacred temples. A striking seven-tiered pagoda called The Pagoda of 1000 Buddhas – which combines Thai, Chinese and Burmese styles in one structure - houses a stunning collection of Buddha statues made from all sorts of precious materials. Also the statues of The Four Heavenly Kings, guarding the four points of the compass – North, South, West and East – with the statue of The Laughing Buddha in the middle.


4.Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur


I got to know this iconic landmark is a must-visit. I can shop at the Suria KLCC mall or enjoy a day under the sun at the KLCC Park. I wish to cross the skybridge on the 41st and 42nd floors.

5. KL Bird Park


I love colorful birds. So how can I miss visiting "World's Largest Free-flight Walk-in Aviary". With more than 2,000 birds and 200 species from around the world, the KL Bird Park is a wonderful place to explore and enjoy the bird world as well as beautiful landscape.
"Okay my dear Jinnie. This is all I wish for", I declared.
"Thank-you Ma'am for choosing Malaysia. Truly Asia", the Jinnie winked.
 Lo and Behold, I'm in Malaysia!!!


¡Salud! JJJ
 
I am participating in the MalaysiaJao Blogathon Contest in association with BlogAdda.com.

4 comments:

  1. Long time no see... :) A refreshing post... All the best !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surbhi,
    Yes,it is a wonderful place.
    I was amazed to see the twin towers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the illustrations. They are so cute and they make your post all the more wonderful. All the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete

Dont leave before leaving your words here. I will count on your imprints in my blogspace. :)